ARE YOU INTERESTED IN GROWING YOUR NETWORK AND DEVELOPING LEADERSHIP SKILLS WHILE GIVING BACK TO YOUR COMMUNITY?
Serving on a board of directors can reap a TON of personal and professional rewards, including:
- Strengthening various professional skills that are beneficial to your career advancement, regardless of your field;
- Growing your professional network by connecting with and through your fellow board members;
- Developing project and strategic management skills;
- Better understanding of financial statements and organizational operations; and
- Having an opportunity that allows you to give back to your community and move forward in your leadership development.
LEARN MORE ABOUT BEING A BOARD MEMBER
View our resources page to learn the best practices and principles of being a board member. Materials provided by Board Source http://boardsource.org. Learn about board member roles and responsibilities, what a healthy board looks like and the questions to ask before joining a board. View Resources →
REFER A FRIEND
Board Connector also allows you to suggest someone who would be a great addition to a board (too shy to apply themselves) by clicking here.